Diva / Mensch pair for April 13, 2022
There's nothing like a homemade chocolate chip cookie, right? My standby is an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
Diva: Chocolate chips
Here's the recipe I found online for a small batch:
6 tablespoons butter, softened
¼ cup dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 large egg yolk
¾ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup white flour
¼ cup old-fashioned oats
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Set up a baking sheet and silicone mat.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 20 seconds.
3. Add the sugars and beat for about 30 seconds. The mixture will turn a pale color and be fluffy.
4. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix only long enough to combine.
5. Whisk the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
6. Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the butter mixture. Mix to combine.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips.
8. Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet in small balls.
9. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove the cookies when the edges just start to turn golden brown.
10. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool.